It’s February, and as the sun gradually grows stronger against our cheeks, we may begin to hope that spring is just around the corner. It’s hard to believe, but the CARST Conference is just around the corner as well! This year, the annual CARST Conference will be taking place in Ottawa, Ontario. One of our goals in selecting this central location was to make the Conference more easily accessible to our members coast to coast, as we hope to see you there in great numbers!
Each year’s Conference seems to be better than the last, and while we won’t promise to always outdo ourselves, we are pretty excited about some of the presentations that are coming together for CARST 2018. We’ve truly got something for everyone:
- The very latest in radon research; from the way radon affects our DNA to why the public seems so apathetic to the risk.
- Experts presenting on the newest European workplace exposure guidelines and ICRP dose coefficients.
- Presentations from multiple municipalities and regional health authorities, followed by a round-table discussion and Municipal Toolkit.
- Multiple stakeholders presenting on radon in schools and child-care centers, followed by a round-table discussion and a Real Estate Toolkit.
- Practical updates from the NRC concerning Passive Stack Ventilation, Diffusion Barrier products, and a discussion on back-drafting and depressurization.
- And much more, of course!
Those who remember last year’s Radon Olympics can look forward to the second annual Olympics, which promise to be lots of fun. Not to mention, all this action will take place at the Brookstreet Hotel, which offers fine dining, a spa, hot tub and saltwater pool, and live jazz nightly. It truly is a getaway.
For our sponsors and exhibitors, the Conference offers an important opportunity to connect with potential clients and partners. Is it your first time exhibiting with us? Are you wondering what makes the CARST audience unique? Perhaps you’d simply like to catch a tip or two from experienced exhibitors: no matter your motivation, our February webinar offers timely advice: How to Prepare a Booth for a Conference or Trade Show on Tuesday, February 27. Check online for your local time.
Not limited to the CARST Conference alone, this webinar will offer tips and tricks ranging from how to select which shows to attend, what materials to prepare, and how to “man” a booth effectively. Just in time for the spring season!
Miss the webinar? Don't fret: you can catch all our past webinars on our website! Simply log in, and access them in the "Members-Only" section. Enjoy!