Questions for a Professional
You may want to ask a professional...
- Make sure when you hire someone for radon work, they are C-NRPP certified. You can find a list here.
- For proof of past work (photos, past test results)
- For references
- For a plan and schedule for the work to be done
- If they are C-NRPP Certified (if they are, ask for proof)
- To do an onsite inspection of your home
- Whether they have liability insurance
- What steps they do as part of the ‘Communication Testing’ or diagnostics prior to installing a full system
- Whether they charge for diagnostic testing
- What type of monitor will be used to ensure the radon reduction system is working continually
- What type of testing will be conducted after the system is installed to confirm it has been effective in reducing radon levels
- To explain what the work will involve, how long it will take to complete, and how the radon reduction system will work
- For a guarantee of radon to be lowered to a acceptable level
Remember, before selecting a radon professional homeowners should always ensure they are C-NRPP Certified, get estimates, ask questions, and check references.